Effective study schedule and proper strategy is very important to avoid stress during exams and to avoid lack of concentration.
Here I am giving you some tips for effective study planning. It can be used in any mode of studies.
Image Source:- Google
1. Make a fixed time table according to difficulty level of subject. Start with tough one and end up with easy one
2. Prioritize your day to day activities along with studies.
3. Time Table if made during exams, then reverse it from the dates of exams.
4. As research suggests that we cannot concentrate more than 45 minutes in continuation. So divide your studies in short time interval like study 30-45 minutes in continuation and then take a break of 5-10 minutes as a refreshment. Follow this for at least 2 hours. After every 2 hours take a long break if you are planning to study for a long time or for exams.
5. Play classical music or instrumentation music or relaxing tones to retain concentration.
6. Group study will also work. Take help from teacher, friends for difficult problems or for problem solving.
7. Review basics & self-made notes, after every topic and chapter. Evaluate yourself by test papers or practice papers either weekly or alternate.
8. Avoid all distraction like mobile, video games, noise while studying.
9. There are specific time for specific subject, identify that best session for particular subject and study that subject at that time.
10. Repeat your learnt work so that you can recall in exam easily.
11. Identify your learning style and work on it. make it best
12. Summarize all the things what your teacher has said.
13. Choose a study place with minimum distractions and auto suggest yourself the resolution. Create condition similar to test room or exam hall
14. Your study room should be light and bright with light colors.
15. You should study on table & chair, avoid sofa or bed as it will cause laziness
16. Try to learn with walk.
17. Time management must be strict with deadlines and for that set rewards points for yourself, which can be anything you love for yourself.
18. After revision or completing your task, appreciate yourself, watch your favorite movie or serial or cartoon for an hour& pamper yourself.
19. Don’t worry about outcome & results. As options are always there. Don’t over expect or take pressure of marks.
20. If you are studying any lengthy topic, then after reading explain and describe that topic in your own words.
21. Have alternate study places, for a change and refreshment.
22. If you find any companion, then teach and explain the information to that person.
23. Your study room should be ventilated.
24. If there is a late night study, then keep a cloth soaked with cool water and dabbing on eyes and face.
25. Avoid making long notes, unrealistic time table or long run study or long term study in continuation.
26. Keep your night reserve for quick review, summarizing and practicing what you studied whole day and for self-analysis.
27. Keep one day in a week for over all analysis and performance evaluation and implement weaker parts in next upcoming week.
1. Make a summary of every chapter, you can take a help of flash cards which includes one word related to main ideas, examples, key events and people involved, causes results.
2. You can also summarize in category wise and in pointers
3. Draw diagrams, sketch as per the things stored in the memory and then cross check it with book
4. Try to memorize anything in the form of image. It is easy to store anything in in mind.
5. Identify your learning style, work on it. Make it in your habit.
Source:- Wikipedia, Wikihow, CBSE, and various books